Website Tides Family Services
We never give up on a kid... Never!
Part Time position – 19 hours per week.
As needed hours may vary: Tides Family Services is currently accepting applications for a driver for at-risk adolescents throughout the South County, Kent County, Providence, Pawtucket/Central Falls and/or Woonsocket areas.
Schedules, hours and length of assignments may vary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the interior of assigned bus so as to guarantee a clean and sanitary environment for individuals being transported.
- Maintain Daily/Weekly communication, as needed, with Manager regarding any issues with transportation (i.e. service, issues). Note: Must maintain a daily log of all transportation activities and client behavior?to be submitted weekly to Manager.
- Develop a cooperative working relationship with Supervisors, caseworkers, and school personnel. Maintain close communication with program supervisors for any client updates and/or incidents.
- Perform related clerical tasks and required paperwork relative to the position.
- Performs related duties as required by job-specific position.
- Guarantee the safe loading and unloading of all students.- Assure safety of students during transport.
- Exhibit at all times appropriate role modeling, appropriate language and, always use common sense in all related situations.
- Ability to appropriately supervise students and manage crisis situations that may arise.
- Some experience working with at risk youth.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- We are looking for someone who can work with adolescents in a positive and supportive manner, and, has the ability to maintain a structured schedule and reliable services.
- Has or can obtain a chauffeurs license according to the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Salary will be based on education and work experience.
Tides was founded in 1983 by Brother Michael Reis, a DeLaSalle Christian Brother, with $15,000 seed money. The Lasallian mission is to serve the neediest and poorest families in the community. Brother Michael realized interventions needed to happen before kids were placed in out-of –home care. He founded a much-needed “agency without walls” where outreach workers and clinical social workers meet with and provide critical services to youth in their homes, neighborhoods and schools. Today, we provide 24/7 services 365 days a year through 120 staff and an $8 million budget.
Tides Family Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tides Family Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.jobsinri.com/index.php?action=do_search&keywords=Tides&zip_text= →