- Foundational educational experience with a minimum of 0-2 years experience in academia in K-12, charter or other non-traditional schools.
- A demonstrated solid track record of providing the academic learning that ensures excellence in curriculum, teaching, research, advocacy and public outreach.
- Capacity for intellectual, physical and social development of at-risk youth, through a comprehensive program that promotes academic excellence and prepares its students for success in school and in life.
Performance Expectations/Key Challenges
- Monitor student learning and provide academic instruction by implementing the curriculum with fidelity and using data for driving instruction.
- Create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure that students observe the school’s core values and high expectations.
- Develop a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students with a significant trauma background.
- Effectively plan and use appropriate instructional interventions, strategies, activities, materials, and equipment to add educational value for each student. ESL, GT, at-risk, etc.
- Prepare lesson plans aligned with the set curriculum including differentiated instruction based on the students’ strengths and different learning styles.
- Implement effective classroom management based on pedagogical practice.
- Commit to professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and professional development initiatives.
- Participate in the extracurricular activities hosted at Tides’ School, collaborate within the team, and meet all professional responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with students, families and colleagues.
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication.
- Managing student behavior effectively and in accordance with the treatment plan
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success
- Respond positively and effectively to challenges with a solutions-oriented resiliency.
- Highly self-motivated, accountable and able to make within a team.
- Motivational with a strong commitment to the Agency’s mission and advocacy.
- Excellent communication, verbal and attention to detail skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org