Multisystemic Therapy (MST)
MST is a 3-5 month intensive, evidence-based treatment program that addresses serious antisocial behavior in youth aged 12-17. MST focuses on empowering caregivers to solve current and future problems within their family. MST has a highly structured clinical supervision and quality assurance processes to ensure fidelity to the model. MST has shown to decrease referral behaviors in youth, and increase family functioning to preserve youth within their homes and communities.
- Single MST therapist working intensively with 4 to 6 families at a time
- Team of 2 to 4 therapists plus a supervisor
- 24/7 team availability
- Work is done in the community, home, school, and neighborhood
- Individual and Family Counseling
- At least 2-4 Face to Face contacts per week
- MST therapists are able to coordinate treatment with existing providers/services or services the family may become involved with if it is deemed clinically appropriate for the family
- Advocating and Assisting in Court-Related Matters
- Educational Advocacy
Why are Caregivers so Important?
• Many times the youth’s delinquency and behaviors are able to decrease and be managed with effective parenting skills.